The main purpose of the project is to improve the management of waste and its use as a
resource, through the implementation of four municipal schemes for separate collection and recycling of waste in the municipalities of Ruse, Tutrakan, Slivo Pole and Vetovo.
The implementation of the schemes aims to:
• Improving the status of the environment;
• Reducing the effect of pollution and other human actions;
• Improving the quality of life of the population in the four municipalities;
• Providing a cleaner and more comfortable living environment;
• Increasing the share of waste recycling by 10.5% in the municipalities of Ruse, Tutrakan, Slivo field and Vetovo;
• Raising the awareness of the population, interested parties and the general public, in relation to the separate collection and recycling of waste.